Vision, Mission & Values
Below are the mission, vision and values that will guide the work of the Office of Councilmember Nadeau. Our team developed this collaboratively and it reflects our commitment to transparency and good service that you should expect from your elected officials.
If you ever have issues with District government, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Our vision is to engage the people of Ward 1 to achieve their highest aspirations and build a strong, safe and sustainable community.
Our mission is to create and oversee the implementation of policy and collaborate with Ward 1 residents, businesses and organizations to address short-term problems as well as provide long-term solutions.
- We perform our jobs with integrity: We are our word, we do what we say we will do, and we are always clear about our intended outcomes.
- We are transparent in our work: we are committed to informing constituents, inviting participation and open dialogue, and setting clear expectations.
Good Governance/Work Quality:
- Our legislation is responsive to constituents, easy to understand and data-driven.
- We have a duty to engage in oversight all year, not just during hearings.
- We are proactive and responsive rather than simply reactive.
- We empower people to engage with the resources available in our community.
- We are collaborative.
- We leverage the human resources of the Ward, supporting and nurturing leadership.
- We believe every constituent’s opinion matters and that every person deserves our respect and attention.
- We treat people the way we would want to be treated.
Search The Site
Sign Up For Updates
Denouncing White Supremacy
August 09, 2018
Letter to the City Administrator on the LINE Hotel
June 08, 2018
ICE Raids in Ward 1
July 16, 2018